TRUTH BOMBS: Have we learned our lesson yet?
ARTICLE: Catholic Charities helped Ohio State University jihadi resettle in U.S.
TRUTH BOMBS: Have we learned our lesson yet?
ARTICLE: Catholic Charities helped Ohio State University jihadi resettle in U.S.
TRUTH BOMBS: Westerners need to be aware. Even in an Islamic country that seems westernized, women and not valued.
ARTICLE: A British woman has been charged with having extra-marital sex in Dubai after reporting she was raped, according to a UK-based legal advice group.
The Detained in Dubai group said the woman was arrested after she claimed she was raped by two British men.
It said she has been released on bail but her passport has been confiscated.
The Foreign Office said: “We are supporting a British woman in relation to this case and will remain in contact with her family.”
The woman, who is in her 20s, was reportedly attacked by two men from Birmingham while she was on holiday.
According to Detained in Dubai, the alleged attackers have had no charges filed against them.
However, according to newspaper reports, the two men have also had their passports confiscated.
It is understood that the Foreign Office is supporting the two men and is in contact with their families.
Detained in Dubai said the woman may face trial for the charges – for which possible punishments include imprisonment, deportation, flogging and even stoning to death.
Radha Stirling, founder and director of Detained in Dubai, said the UAE had a long history of penalising rape victims.
“We have been involved with several cases in the past where this has happened, and we work with the lawyers and families and have campaigned to change attitudes in the police and judiciary.
“Recent cases… show that it is still not safe for victims to report these crimes to the police without the risk of suffering a double punishment”.
TRUTH BOMBS: Evil did not take a day off yesterday to vote for Hillary. Remember the fallen from this evil that threatens our world.
ARTICLE: HAMMAM AL-ALIL, Iraq (Reuters) – From behind the curtains of his bedroom window, 29-year-old Riyad Ahmed would peer out at Islamic State fighters dragging civilians into a makeshift jail across the street and then sending them in the middle of the night to be executed.
The former English teacher from the town of Hammam al-Alil, south of the jihadists’ Mosul stronghold, recalls hearing victims’ cries of agony as he hid with dozens of neighbors in the shadow of one of the group’s detention centers.
“The devil himself would be astounded by Daesh’s methods of torture. It is beyond the imagination,” said Ahmed, using an Arabic acronym for Islamic State.
Iraq’s army and federal police, participating in a U.S.-backed offensive launched last month to recapture the largest population center under the jihadists’ control, retook this area over the weekend.
As the forces advance, details of Islamic State’s brutality and growing desperation, which have trickled out of its self-proclaimed caliphate over the past two years, are being reinforced by first-hand accounts of residents.
Standing on the road between his house and the jail on Monday, Ahmed told Reuters that no part of Hammam al-Alil had been spared from the ultra-hardline Sunni Islamists’ violence.
In his street alone, he said six people he knew had been executed, including his father and a family of three that lived next door.
Aid organizations, local officials and Mosul residents have cited reports that Islamic State executed dozens of people in Hammam al-Alil and barracks nearby over the course of a week, on suspicion of planning rebellions in and around Mosul to aid the advancing troops.
Abdul Rahman al-Waggaa, a member of the Nineveh provincial council, told Reuters last month that most of the victims were former police and army members.
Islamic State had used the town’s agricultural college as “a killing field” for hundreds of people in the days before the Iraqi government advance, Ahmed said.
“They would torture them inside and then take them out of the neighborhood and either shoot them or slit their throats.”
Police backed up his accounts, but the road to the college was still lined with improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on Monday, preventing Reuters from visiting.
The military says its forces at the complex have discovered the decapitated corpses of at least 100 civilians.
“It is not for a prophet to have captives until he has made wide slaughter in the land.” (Qur’an 8:67)
But not to worry: Hillary Clinton has said that if we just don’t call them Islamic, all will be well.
“ISIS calls on supporters to ‘slaughter’ American Presidential election voters on Tuesday,” by Anthony Bond, Mirror, November 6, 2016:
ISIS has called for the “slaughter’ of Americans voting in Tuesday’s Presidential election.
The terror group has called on its followers to attack voters in the election and has told Muslims not to cast a vote.
It comes after the FBI was reportedly probing a major terror attack planned for the day before the US elections in multiple states.
It is thought that al-Qaeda is plotting to strike in Texas, New York and Virginia but specific locations are not yet known.
The new ISIS threats, reported by terrorist monitoring group SITE, were made in an essay published by the terror group’s Al Hayat media centre.
The essay said that militants “have come to slaughter you and smash your ballot boxes”.
The terror group also wrote there is no difference between the Republican and Democratic parties in the US in their “policies against Islam and Muslims”….
TRUTH BOMBS: And what do you think is going to happen in Dearborn Michigan some day. Church will not be allowed into the islamic zone just like preachers cannot preach on a public sidewalk now. Islam does not respect freedom of religion as Christianity does.
ARTICLE: Christians who were thrown out of their church facility centuries ago when the Islamist Ottoman empire bludgeoned its way into power and turned it into a mosque have been ejected – again – and from the same facility.
For the same reason – a forced conversion to a mosque.
It’s happening as the Islamist agenda of Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan advances.
The recent forced move came against the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, often described as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world.
“Islamists have detested that fact for years,” reported Michael Van Der Galien at PJ Media.
“After all, it is a Christian church, and therefore a Christian symbol. That’s why the Ottoman Turks wasted little time transforming the church into a mosque when they invaded and conquered Constantinople (Istanbul) centuries ago. Christian symbols and works of art were destroyed or covered, and a dominating tower was built from which the Islamic call to prayer could be sung.”
He explained, “The Ottomans did that because they wanted to show Christians that, from then onwards, Islam was in power. Christianity would be subjugated.”
However, in the last century the Ottoman empire collapsed and Turkey was created, the government declared Hagia Sophia neutral, so that Christians, Muslims, and others could enjoy and appreciate it.
That’s changed now, under Erdogan.
It was only three years ago WND reported experts were alarmed when a court ruling in Turkey said the facility of that same name in Trabzon, along the Black Sea, must be converted to a mosque.
It raised concern that the event would be a stalking horse for the Hagia Sophia Museum, the artifact, in Istanbul.
“A building covenanted as a mosque cannot be used for any other purpose,” Mazhar Yildirimham, of the General Directorate of Pious Foundations, said in a report at the time.
A year later, it was reported the Hagia Sophia Church in Eregli had become the ninth Hagia Sophia location converted to a mosque by Turks in recent years.
Christians in Turkey feared the latest move, a government announcement that it was appointing a permanent imam to the Hagia Sophia, means “it will basically function as any other mosque.”
Reported PJ Media, “Turkey’s Islamist president is on a war path with Christians in Turkey. Their churches are turned into mosques, their pastors are arrested and deported, and those Christians who remain are constantly forced to look over their shoulder.”
At the Counterjihad blog, it was reported the move “shows clearly the designs of Turkey’s Islamist president.”
The report said Erdogan is using the alleged coup attempt over the summer to “deepen [his] control over every aspect of Turkish life.”
“Over ten thousand public servants have been purged from the government in recent days, raising the total figure to over a hundred thousand – some 37,000 of whom have been arrested. Erdoğan has pressed the Turkish parliament to reinstate the death penalty so that he can begin disposing of those he has identified as his enemies.”
The blog post said sources report “the detained who are subjected to trial must submit to having all of their conversations with their lawyers recorded whenever the prosecution requests it. Such recordings are of course admissible as evidence against the client – or the lawyer, if he comes to be considered an enemy of the state from working too hard to defend people already classified as ‘enemies of the state.’”
Those include the opposition media, where newspaper reporters have had their laptops seized, a television station was shut down and more.
Also, “Some 1,267 academics who signed a ‘Peace Petition’ last January have been removed from their jobs according to CounterJihad’s sources, and several have been arrested and charged with ‘terroristic acts’ for signing or forwarding that petition. Our sources tell us that under the new laws, President Erdoğan must personally approve all new university presidents.”
The blog post said Turkey’s military forces seized the cathedral in order to install the permanent imam.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/turkeys-descent-into-islamist-tyranny-deepens/#XdsxXL5tLlVXMeq8.99
TRUTH BOMBS: What I abhor about this article is that it say absolutely nothing about Islam. The words muslim or islam do not even appear in the article. That is not reporting the whole truth because their ideology is the root of their violence. This is a camp made up of mostly muslims (https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/09/as-muslim-migrants-riot-in-calais-paris-mayor-announces-two-refugee-camps-will-open-in-paris-in-october)
ARTICLE: Fires are raging across parts of the “Jungle” migrant camp in Calais, three days into a French operation to demolish it.
It was unclear who set the dozens of fires overnight and in the morning.
The clearance began on Monday and about 4,000 migrants – out of some 7,000 – have been taken from the squalid camp to shelters around France.
The prefect of Pas-de-Calais said authorities now expected to finish the evacuation operation on Wednesday.
The camp has become a key symbol of Europe’s migration crisis, with its residents desperate to reach the UK.
The BBC’s Simon Jones, at the camp, says huts were set on fire overnight on the main street leading into the camp, leaving them in ashes.
He says this may have been a last act of defiance from migrants who did not want to leave and did not want to see their shelters taken down by the authorities.
Many of the makeshift shops that had been set up were destroyed and a London bus used by a charity to help women and children was torched.
Exploding gas canisters are a threat and more police officers are now being deployed to the site.
The prefect of Pas-de-Calais, Fabienne Buccio, told BFMTV is was “a tradition among the migrant population to destroy their homes before leaving”.
However, the Calais police commissioner said he had been told by migrants that the fires were started by activists.
Camp resident Mahmoud al-Saleh told Agence France-Presse: “There were several fires overnight. Every time one was put out, another would erupt. It was clearly intentional.
“The firefighters came late. For a long time it was just us, migrants and volunteers, fighting the fires.”
Dorothy Sang, of the charity Save The Children, told the BBC: “We know that hundreds of children slept in the Jungle last night, under the bridge, while fires were burning around them.
“We know that lots of them ran. It’s a really, really dangerous situation for children right now.”
More migrants joined queues on Wednesday for buses to take them out of the camp, with the situation calmer than the jostling of the previous morning.
Crews had begun dismantling the Jungle with sledgehammers on Tuesday. Workers in hard hats and orange jumpsuits pulled down unoccupied tents and shacks.
The work was carried out mostly by hand, and in a low-key manner, as officials believed sending in bulldozers would send the wrong message.
By the end of Tuesday, about 3,000 migrants had been moved out on coaches to centres across France, while another 1,000 unaccompanied minors had been given accommodation in containers near the Jungle.
Our correspondent says the figures are hard to get a grip of. The 4,000 migrants may be accounted for, he says, but the camp had an estimated 6,000-8,000 residents and it is possible a large number have disappeared – either to squat or sleep rough around Calais or go to other towns of their own accord.
The fear is they will return to set up camp again once the clearance is over.
More than 1,200 police officers have been deployed for the clearance operation in Calais.
The French interior ministry said officers “might be forced to intervene” if there was unrest during the demolition.
Last year more than one million migrants – many fleeing the civil war in Syria – arrived in Europe. Countries struggled to cope and division arose in the EU over how best to deal with resettling people.
An EU-Turkey pact to try to stop migrants crossing to Greece and moves by Balkan nations to close their borders have driven down the number of people using the so-called eastern Mediterranean route.
However, migrants from African countries such as Eritrea and Somalia as well as West African nations such as Nigeria and the Gambia are continuing to attempt the crossing from Libya to Italy.
A note on terminology: The BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries such as Syria, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.
TRUTH BOMBS: This is an example a failed culture brought about by a failed religion on both sides. On the European side, this is the failure of their religion: atheism and the Migrants failed religion of Islam. Two wrong do not make a right.
ARTICLE: Should a 14-year-old married girl who migrates to Europe be viewed as a child – or a spouse?
The issue has put European governments in a spin: forcing a policy U-turn in Denmark, new legislation in the Netherlands and an agonised debate in Germany.
Analysts say early marriage is often carried out in refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey by families trying to protect girls from poverty or sexual exploitation. Elsewhere, poor families might marry off their young daughters in exchange for dowries.
The question is one of rights and protections – but which? When authorities stop minors cohabiting with their older spouses, are they combating child abuse or breaking up (often already traumatised) families?
Depending on where you go in Europe, you’ll find a radically different range of responses to the issue.
Denmark’s response has swung first one way and then the other.
In February, Integration Minister Inger Stojberg vowed to act after a review found dozens of cases of girls living with older men in asylum seekers’ accommodation – which the minister called “totally unacceptable”.
Couples would require “exceptional reasons” to live together below the age of 18 (the legal age for marriage in Denmark) and no cohabitation would be allowed whatsoever if one party was below 15.
But separation reportedly prompted two migrants under 18 to attempt suicide.
The policy was reversed earlier this week – with children as young as 14 reunited with their husbands – after the issue was raised with the Danish Immigration Service (DIS) by lawmaker Josephine Fock.
“It is completely outrageous. We are talking about people who have fled to Denmark who are being split from each other. Some of them have children together and investigating individual [asylum] cases takes an unbelievably long time,” Ms Fock told Metroxpress news service.
The DIS cited Denmark’s “international obligations” as the trigger for its policy change, concluding that enforcing separate living quarters would violate the UN’s Convention on the Rights of the Child and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which guarantees the right to one’s “private and family life”.
That has prompted conservative politicians to call for Denmark’s withdrawal from such treaties.
In the Netherlands, policy has shifted in the other direction – with the government moving swiftly last year to close a legal loophole which allowed child brides to live with older husbands in asylum centres.
And politicians have grappled with the same dilemma elsewhere in Europe – though on the whole each country is dealing with just a handful of cases.
The issue takes on much broader significance in Germany, which has greeted some 1.2 million migrants since last year under Chancellor Angela Merkel’s “open-door” policy.
Here the authorities’ response has been inconsistent and, some claim, confused.
Data suggest that in Germany there are at least 1,000 marriages where one or both parties are under the legal marriage age of 18, of which more than half are in the southern state of Bavaria.
The official confusion is reflected in one reported case: a 15-year-old Syrian girl married to her 21-year-old cousin. She was first separated from him in the city of Aschaffenburg, Bavaria, for reasons of child protection.
Her husband lost an appeal to a family court, but the decision was eventually set aside by a regional court, which judged that the marriage should be recognised as it was legal in the country of origin.
But the city appealed, and the pair are now awaiting a judgment from Germany’s federal court.
In response, Germany’s justice ministry has set up a working group to agree a consistent response.
Ironically, the Family Affairs Minister Manuela Schwesig cited the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child to argue against under-age cohabitation, claiming that violated children’s rights to “play, education and health”.
And the issue only threatens to become more pressing, despite the efforts of global campaign groups to eliminate child marriage – which they claim in many cases is in fact forced marriage.
Unicef figures from the vast Syrian refugee camps in Jordan suggest the proportion of registered marriages where the bride was under 18 rose from 12% in 2011 (roughly the same as the figure in pre-war Syria) to 18% in 2012, and as high as 25% by 2013.
And Jordan’s Chief Islamic Justice Department was recently quoted as saying child marriages represented about 35% of all marriages of Syrian refugees in 2015.
“There are a number of reasons why families are opting for child marriage for their daughters,” says charity Save the Children.
“As refugees, Syrian families are reliant on dwindling resources and are lacking economic opportunities. At the same time, they are all too aware of the need to protect their daughters from the threat of sexual violence.”